Looking for a way to use up the rest of your bread? Bread pudding is a foolproof backup plan to transform stale bread into a stunning desert and we have an Aunt Sally's original recipe to share so you can enjoy our favorite. Don't forget our Gourmet Praline Pecan Topping to finish it off!
- 1 loaf of french bread (day old)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 15oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 tbsp of melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 jar of Aunt Sally's Gourmet Praline Pecan Topping
Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Tear the loaf of french bread into small pieces and place in a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice.
- In a large bowl whisk together heavy cream, half and half, pumpkin puree, sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and one tablespoon from the bowl of mixed spices.
- Pour the batter over the bread in the pan making sure all the bread is covered.
Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Pour Aunt Sally’s Gourmet Praline Pecan Topping over the bread pudding to serve.
Bread Pudding Recipes
New Orleans folks love their bread pudding. Do you have a favorite bread pudding recipe substitution or recipe? As always, if you have a favorite praline recipe, please submit it to us at email@example.com.