If you are looking for a recipe that transforms our classic Praline Coated Pecans into a delicious Halloween snack that both you and your trick-or-treaters will enjoy this year, this simple recipe can easy be made in an afternoon and creates a unique and delicious snack that will give the children in your neighborhood a delicious treat—if there is any left by the time they arrive...
Making this simple recipe requires just a handful of ingredients, including the following:
2 cups of Aunt Sally's Coated Pecans
- (choose your favorite flavor: sugar-free, praline, cajun or cinnamon)
- 8 cups of rice square or oatmeal square cereal
- 2 cups of pretzels
- 2 cups of other nuts (optional)
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of other dried fruit (optional)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
Preparing the Mix
- Start by preheating your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix eight cups of the cereal, two cups each of all the nuts, and a cup of raisins in a large bowl by hand.
Mix a half-cup of brown sugar and corn syrup with four tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan.
- Simmer this mix on medium until it boils.
- Stir in a teaspoon of vanilla and baking soda and a pinch of salt.
Combine Mix & Glaze
- While it's still warm, pour this liquid over the cereal and nut mixture, stirring with a large baking spoon.
- Spread it evenly across your pan and bake it in the oven for an hour.
- Let it cool to room temperature before you break it apart into small pieces.
Packaging The Snack
Line small cardboard boxes with wax paper or use wax paper bags to fill them with your Halloween Pecan Praline Crunch Trail Mix. Make sure to seal them and decorate them for the occasion.
For more delicious recipes like this, visit our praline recipes blog. If you have a favorite praline recipe you'd like us to share, please submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.