Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 packet of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix or Glutino Corn Bread Mix for a Gluten Free Option
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup of Aunts Sally’s New Orleans Famous Muffuletta Mix
- ½ cup of grated Mozzarella cheese, or any combination of shredded Italian cheeses.
- One medium to large sized Creole Tomato (Substitute with a couple of small and firm Roma Tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup of Aunt Sally’s Praline Cajun Pecans chopped coarsely for the top.
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 1 Tea spoon
- 8 Baking Cups (Double them or use the Aluminum and paper kind)
- 1 Muffin Tray of 12 or an 8x8 tin (Note: if you use the 8x8 you will need to cook the mix for 30-40 mins.)
7 Easy Steps
- Heat oven to 400F for Jiffy Mix & 425F for Glutino Mix.
- Place Corn Mix in bowl with egg, and 1/3 cup of milk and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of Muffuletta in.
- Add the ½ cup of cheese and mix lightly.
- Chop up the Creole Tomato in to large dices. Place ¾ of them in the mix and stir in. Take the remaining and put them in the evenly in the baking cups, and scoop in the Mix.
- Coarsely chop up the Aunt Sally’s Cajun Pecans and sprinkle on top of the muffin mix.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes (for baking cups)/30-40 minutes (for 8x8 tin) and enjoy when cooled or warm with butter.