Though you may want to keep your batch of cookies made with pralines to yourself, why not consider hosting a cookie swap? Here's how to get started.
How to Host a Cookie Swap
- Invite 4-6 friends to bake a variety of cookies.
- Agree to two rules: no one is going to bake the same cookie and no one is going to bake common cookies such as oatmeal or chocolate chip.
- In order to avoid this, write the names of 10 cookies on separate pieces of paper and place into a hat.
- Have each participant pick one and those are the cookies they will bake and bring to the cookie swap.
- At the party, everyone who participated swaps their cookies and returns home with a greater variety!
The following recipe is an appealing way of using New Orleans best pralines to wow them all at the cookie swap.
Brown Sugar Praline Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Aunt Sally's Creamy Pralines or Original Pralines
Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Makes 4-5 dozen cookies
- Cream the butter and the sugars in a large bowl. Add the vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat this mixture until light and fluffy. Next, stir in the flour until the dough is stiff and well-blended.
- Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour. Dough may be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate dough into 4 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a smooth log about 12 inches long. Place logs lengthwise on an ungreased, rimless baking sheet about 5 inches apart. Using the palm of your hand, flatten each log.
- Using a rolling-pin, roll dough out to the length of the baking sheet up to about 3 inches in width. Trim the ends of each roll straight.
- With a straight-edged knife, score the dough into 1 1/2 inch squares. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of Aunt Sally's Pralines into the center of each square.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and while the cookies are warm cut along the score marks with the straight-edged knife.
- Place the chocolate in two separate bowls and melt in the microwave.
- Decoratively drizzle the chocolate over the cookies.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet to cool until the chocolate is set.
Share a photo of your delicious creations with us on our Facebook page
or tweet us on Twitter
! For more delicious recipes like this, visit our praline recipes blog
. If you have a favorite praline recipe you'd like us to share, please submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org