Why not start your loved one’s day off with an indulgent breakfast in bed recipe? To help you with this, we have a delicious buttermilk pancake recipe using our pralines!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 to 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of chopped Aunt Sally’s Creamy or Original pralines
FOR SERVING (Optional)
- Chopped pralines
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup
This recipe makes approximately 15 pancakes.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium, until frothy.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, buttermilk, butter and vanilla, then stir till smooth. Do NOT overbeat.
- On medium-high heat, heat your griddle or non-stick pan till a few drops of water skitter when flicked across it. Lightly grease the griddle with vegetable oil.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto the griddle, top with 1 tbsp of chopped pralines.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and the batter is set, roughly 2 minutes.
- Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown, roughly 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Stack pancakes and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with pralines and serve with maple syrup.
Share a photo of your delicious creation with us on our Facebook page or tweet us on Twitter! For more delicious recipes like this, visit our praline recipes blog. If you have a favorite praline recipe you'd like us to share, please submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pin it for Later