Roast Turkey with Praline Cranberry Glaze
Bring a taste of New Orleans to your holiday feast and leave everyone begging for more. Tired of baking the same old bland turkey year after year? Well, this perked up turkey is sure to be the pièce de résistance of your holiday table.
The best way to infuse flavor throughout your turkey is by brining it before you plan to bake it. It's also going to give you a more tender and moist turkey that melts in your mouth. Prepare and roast your turkey in whatever manner appeals to you or check out the above links.
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 can of jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup of chopped Aunt Sally's Creamy Pralines
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the orange juice, cranberry sauce and chopped pralines, stirring constantly until the pralines are dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring until the cranberry sauce is fully incorporated and the mixture is thick and bubbling, which takes about 10 minutes or so.
- Brush or pour the glaze over the turkey when it is about 45 minutes from completion and return it to the oven for 10 minutes. For best results, do this several times to build delicious layers of glaze-y goodness over your turkey.
- When you've finished baking on the glaze, remove your turkey from the oven and let it rest for about 30 minutes before carving.
Enjoy any time of the year if you're having a craving for turkey.
Share a photo of your delicious creations with us on our Facebook page or tweet us on Twitter! For more delicious recipes like this, visit our praline recipes blog. If you have a favorite praline recipe you'd like us to share, please submit it to us at email@example.com.