A sweet praline cheeseball is the perfect party dessert or appetizer when your sweet tooth is calling! Serve at your children’s sleepovers or after a relaxed dinner party with some strong cocktails.
This sweet treat praline cheeseball can also be served with fruit as well as cookies. Apple slices and pineapple go particularly well with the tang of the cream cheese and crunch of the Pralines.
- (1) 8oz packet cream cheese
- 1 tub mascarpone cheese
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Box of 6 Aunt Sally’s Creole or Creamy Pralines
- To serve – graham crackers, chocolate or vanilla wafers, sugar cookies
- Mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and butter in a large bowl or a stand mixer until fully combined
- Add powdered and brown sugar and mix until smooth
- Using a large, sharp knife, chop pralines until pieces are the size of grains of rice or lentils. Fold 2/3 of the pralines into the cheese mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl and chill 1 hour.
- Form cheese into a ball and wrap in cling wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- Remove cling wrap and roll ball in remaining praline pieces until full covered.
- Serve on a platter with cookies and fruit. Enjoy!
How to Use Leftover Pralines
Looking to use up leftover Praline Cheeseball? Make stuffed French Toast! Spread on cut white bread and sandwich with a second slice. Whip 2 eggs, ¼ cup milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar together. Dip both sides of the sandwich in the mixture to coat. Pan fry in butter and serve with preserves.
Share a photo of your delicious creations with us on our Facebook page or tweet us on Twitter! For more delicious recipes like this, visit our praline recipes blog. If you have a favorite praline recipe you'd like us to share, please submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.