White Chocolate Praline Truffles
Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions call for a special treat. Adding pralines into the equation takes them from special to spectacular. This truffle recipe uses pralines makes a delicious candy indulgence with a bit of crunch that also sparkles on a dessert tray or buffet. With only five ingredients, they are also simple enough to make for sharing at cookie swaps and parties, too.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7oz. good quality white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons pecan praline liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Aunt Sally's Original Pralines, crumbled
- Heat the cream in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water or in a double-boiler.
- When the cream begins to bubble slightly at the edge of the bowl or pan, add the grated or chopped white chocolate. Whisk it until the chocolate has melted.
- Whisk in the liqueur and vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, and then put it in the refrigerator to chill for an hour or until it is firm enough to scoop.
- Use a 1 1/4-inch kitchen scoop to measure out the mixture.
- Roll the scoops lightly between your hands to form balls. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Put the sheet into the refrigerator for 5 minutes to let them firm up again.
- While the truffles are chilling, crumble enough pralines to make 1/2 cup of pieces. Place them in a shallow bowl or saucer.
- Remove the truffles from the refrigerator and roll them in the pralines to coat the candies.
- Make your truffles fancier by melting 1 ounce of semi-sweet chocolate with a splash of heavy cream. Drizzle the truffles with the chocolate after rolling them in the pralines.
- Arrange your truffles on a plate and tuck some edible flowers or mint leaves around them.
Mix it up! Other Varieties of Praline Truffles
Share a photo of your delicious creations with us on our Facebook page or tweet us on Twitter! For more delicious recipes like this, visit our praline recipes blog. If you have a favorite praline recipe you'd like us to share, please submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.