Vegan, plant-based chefs and foodies rejoice: you can finally indulge in New Orleans' iconic cuisine thanks to the 130+ recipes in this first-ever Cajun vegan cookbook.
Classic Cajun dishes like jambalaya, étouffée, gumbo, and hushpuppies have gone vegan in this delicious plant-based cookbook created by Krimsey Lilleth, founder of the late-and-great Los Angeles restaurant Krimsey's Cajun Kitchen. The Cajun Vegan Cookbook blends Louisiana's beloved flavor profiles with plant-forward ingredients that are fresh and sustainable, yet still authentic and delicious.
In addition to being meat and dairy-free, this cookbook also teaches you how to adapt some of its recipes to be gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. Plus recipes include quippy intros and fun "Krimfessions" from the chef like: "Putting potato chips on top of food might be frowned upon in some places, but I don't really care about those places." So get out your spices and prepare to indulge as you bring these modern spins on Louisiana's famous rustic, hearty fare into your home.
130+ recipes inspired by the Big Easy (including 90+ gluten-free options):
• Breakfasts and Breads: Molasses & Roasted Pecan Pancakes, Backwoods Buttermilk Biscuits and Gray, and Strawberry Peach Heart Tarts
• Soups, Salads, and Poboys: Southern Belle Pepper Salad, Gulf Coast Oyster Mushroom Soup, and Swamp Queen Poboy
• Entrees: Heart of the Bayou Étouffée, Jambalaya Collard Wraps, and Chili-Rubbed Butternut Squash Steaks
• Sides: Fried Green Tomatoes, Kale & Tempeh'd Black-Eyed Peas, and Cajun Potato Wedges
• Dressings, Sauces, and Toppings: Tangy Tabasco Dressing, Cajun Nacho Sauce, and Smoky Maple "Bacon" Bits
• Desserts: French Quarter Beignets, Cinnamon King Cake, and Salted Pecan Pralines
• Drinks: Jalapeño Cauldron Lemonade, Café Au Lait, and Hurricane Party
Each of the recipes was created under the influence of powdered sugar, café au lait, Louisiana jazz, and a sprinkling of '90s jams. May this cookbook inspire you to try new things, have fun with your food, and be reminded that life is one big party. Enjoy!